Monday, November 11, 2013

YOU, my dear Soldiers, made my Country Great...............






In Flanders Field
In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields. 


John McCrae




With immense respect and grateful

heart to all who bravely did their part

and gallantly fought across the sea

to keep my world safe for me

You battled Evil - Inconceivable hate

YOU - my dear Soldiers,

Made my country great

  


Thank you dear Veterans

From the bottom of my heart




19 comments:

  1. Well said Suzan. We owe them so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post, Suzan. We will remember them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen and Amen. Today is our Veteran's Day, too. I am humbled by their giving of self- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always loved that beautiful poem, Suzan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Suzan, for the incredible post. I've never read this poem before.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! I join you in saluting all of our Veterans!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing the poem and the lovely picture-we will never forget!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful tribute. Did you write the poem? Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful post! Prayers to all of our soldiers.
    xx oo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well said..by you, Churchill and McCrae.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I remember that poem from my school days...such beautiful words. God bless all our soldiers through all the wars who gave so much and some made the ultimate sacrifice. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I memorized that poem as a small child--my grandfather fought with his majesty's infantry (in a Canadian regiment) in WWI. My American grandfather also fought and was in France on Armistice Day. Thanks to all who served, and those who continue to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nicely said! Hear! Hear! I add my heartfelt thanks too!

    ReplyDelete

Due to a large amount of spam ( that I'm tired of going back to posts and deleting ) I'll be using comment moderation from now on !!!
Can I beat these spammers at their own game? Probably not - but I'm going
to try my damnedest !!!
xoxo