Friday, January 4, 2013

An Angel's message to all of us..........

I had a post scheduled for today - but catching up on some reading last night I came across this story on Donna's Funky Junk Interiors site.
Sometimes you come across a post and it hits with an impact.
It makes you want to do something - it makes you want to reevaluate everything
you hold dear.
It fills you with a need to make a difference.
And you leave it knowing their story will never leave you.

This post takes priority today - once you've read it you'll realize why.
If you know of anyone who has small children - please please please read this and pass it on
It may be the most important thing you read this year
It may be the most important thing you pass on to someone else
It, You, may save a precious life -
Post it on your blog - your facebook page - twitter - stumble upon - tumbler and any other social media
you may know about.
It's already gone viral - it needs to keep going - this story should not - cannot stop.
It's a deeply painful message - it will move you beyond words - you cannot know it and not be affected -  it will also ensure you get this story out to as many people as you know -

Please - if it's the only favour I ask of you this year - do it for me.
but far more importantly do it for Meggie.
She's just a tiny angel - but she's watching from above.

http://lovelightlaughterandchocolate.blogspot.ca/2012/12/be-with-me-just-for-today.html


With love and a million butterfly kisses to you, beautiful little girl.....................


14 comments:

  1. I sent this to my son and DIL. I have an almost 3 year old grandson that is bold, adventurous and very daring. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome... thank-you for continuing to share the story. It's so important!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a heart wrenching story! Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How terrifyingly sad. Suzan, maybe you should add a little block on the back of the furniture you sell so it can be anchored? Or at least a card telling people who buy the furniture to anchor it? Just a thought. I'm so sad about this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read this earlier today. I will pass this on to my daughter and SIL...my grandson is almost 2 and this would break my heart to have something like this happen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was difficult to read through so much pain and anguish - but the message probably wouldn't stick if people didn't read the horrid consequences of something so simple. A lesson to us all who have little ones around.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awful, awful story!!! I cried like a baby the entire time I was reading it! I shared the link for it on my crafting mb (nope, it's not crafting related, but we're all Moms, Grandma's, Aunts or something). Thanks for sharing the link here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's tragic beyond words - but such an important message to get out there - we don't think of things like this as even being possible
      XOX

      Delete
  8. Suzan, I bet I was reading Donna's blog about the same time you were this morning. I'm glad that you put this on your blog also, just so those who don't read Donna's will see the story here. Thank you for pushing it forward! I'm going to make sure my niece sees this for her little guy who's just now puttering around the house. SO important to protect our littlest loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I could not read it- I tried to read it on Donna's blog. We lost a granddaughter 8 years ago due to hospital error and I could not get through the post without starting to sob uncontrollably. God bless you for posting this- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh God Suzan - that left me speechless. I went straight to Amazon and ordered some straps for our flatscreen TV - another monster that could fall easily and kill a child! Thanks for sharing that, as painful as it was to read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy you've done that Jaye - she's sending messages to everyone
      XOX

      Delete
  11. I saw this on Donna's site, and have posted it on mine, too. And shared it in a few other avenues as well. I can't imagine what the family has gone through. It's heartbreaking.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh. I've shared everywhere. I cannot even imagine. And you know we've all told the little ones it's not time to get up yet, and let them play in their rooms. So, so so heart wrenchingly sad. :(

    ReplyDelete

Due to a large amount of spam ( that I'm tired of going back to posts and deleting ) I'll be using comment moderation from now on !!!
Can I beat these spammers at their own game? Probably not - but I'm going
to try my damnedest !!!
xoxo